There has been a fair amount of work going on behind the scenes at the Xander office. New apps and new language translations coming. We are very proud to have been approached by the WOW Programme in partnership with the University of Stellenbosch to develop and launch a suite of Afrikaans spelling apps to assist learners who participate in the annual WOW National Spelling Bee.
We spent hours recording with some of the best spellers in their grade in South Africa to make sure we offer the best quality sound and voice production while also offering the best user experience, fun word games and accurate reporting.
Here is a quick look at these new apps.
Xander Afrikaans Spel beginner & intermediate
Xander Afrikaans Spel for Beginners is an educational app for young children to practice prescribed spelling lists and sight words for Grade 1 and 2 while Xander Afrikaans Spel for Intermediate focuses on word lists for grade 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
Features of the apps:
- Prescribed grade appropriate spelling lists and sight words
- Phonetic sounds for Grade 1 and 2 / Spelling of words from grades 3 to 7
- Study sight words in the font used by schools
- Listen and practice pronunciation
- Spelling games, flashcards, phonetic sounds & wordsearchs
- Improve fine motor skills and literacy
- Develop confidence to cope with school assessments and spelling tests
Here are some screenshots of the app to give you a glimpse of what to expect when you download it for your child.