Here’s feel good story for some early morning inspiration.
We love the epicness!
“In 2005 the company started making hand-baked cookies with four women in Khayelitsha. Today we proudly employ 50 women from Khayelitsha who we have trained and grown into successful entrepreneurs. They hand-bake 30,000 cookies per day in a HACCP-accredited factory in Ndabeni, Cape Town, and we have maintained gold certification for all FSA audits, averaging between 84% and 92%.
Khayelitsha Cookies has also received the following awards:
· Silver Award for Winners Impumelelo IDC 2013
· Van Ryhn’s best employer of the year award 2012
· Finalists in the SA Premier Awards 2012
· Western Cape Productivity Award 2011 and 2012
· African Growth South African SMME of the Year 2010
· Winners of the Best Employer of the year BBQ Awards
· Small Business Award Runner Up 567 Cape Talk
We encourage you to continue to support our products so that we, in turn, can assist more South Africans to become self-sustaining and able to support their families in these difficult times of limited opportunities.
PLUS – our baked goods are the most delicious around!