Xander Xhosa Wardrobe (Ages 1-3)
Xhosa Wardrobe is an educational app for young children that teaches the names (and pronunciation) of different body parts, clothing and weather, in Xhosa. After consolidating the terminology it concludes with a fun game that provides hours of entertainment.
The app is highly sensorial as it engages hearing, vision and touch. It further encourages the development of fine motor skills, language ability and critical reasoning.
Learning is optimised through repetition and engagement with beautiful hand-drawn illustrations. Children will be able to name specific body parts and dress in weather-appropriate clothing. Children can also use the app to indicate discomfort in certain body parts or where they feel ill. This app is helpful in second language acquisition and can be supportive in the education of learners with cognitive disabilities (or recovering stroke patients). Patients can benefit from the repetition, patterns and clear pronunciation of words.
This app consists of 6 games:
- Umzimba (body): Learn the names and pronunciation of body parts.
- Ubuso (face): Learn the names and pronunciation of facial features.
- Impahla (clothes): Learn the names and pronunciation of various items of clothing.
- Nxiba impahla (get dressed): Match appropriate items of clothing to wear with the seasons and weather.
- Learn vocabulary to describe facial features, parts of the body, clothing and weather.
- Listen and practice pronunciation of the terminology.
- Play dressing game to make terminology relevant and provide context.
- Retain vocabulary through repetition and engagement.
- Improve fine-motor skills through drag & drop exercises.