Xander Afrikaans Spel Gr 1 & 2
Xander Afrikaans Spel for Beginners is an educational app for young children to practice prescribed spelling lists and sight words for Grade 1 and 2 as used by the annual national spelling competition organized by the University of Stellenbosch. The competition is based on the format used in America for the Spelling Bee competition. This app uses curriculum based phonetic sounds for spelling and is interactive, fun and user-friendly.
Spelling has never been this addictive.
Xander, the lovable narrator, guides your child through a range of learn-through-play spelling activities to support accelerated learning. Valuable skills are gained in the process to prepare young children for school assessments and spelling competitions.
This app consists of 6 games:
- Bou die woord
- Leer om te spel
- Flits kaarte
- Prescribed grade appropriate spelling lists and sight words
- Phonetic sounds for Grade 1 and 2
- Study sight words in the font used by schools
- Listen and practice pronunciation
- Spelling games, flashcards, phonetic sounds
- Improve fine motor skills and literacy
- Develop confidence to cope with school assessments and spelling tests